- Provides Financial Services to the OAGF
- Preparation of Annual budget for the AGF
- Submission and defense of the Budget to Budget Office of the Federation and the National Assembly
- Receipt and Disbursement of Funds to OAGF Headquarters, Zonal and Federal Pay Offices
- Monitoring of Budget Performance
- Process all approved payments in OAGF
- Preparation and payment of salaries in OAGF
- Maintains all the necessary and statutory books of Accounts
- Prompt and accurate processing of monthly salaries
- Prompt processing and payment of all approved personal advances
- Prompt retirement of Advances
- Prompt processing and payment of a; approved purchases and contracts
- Prompt processing and payment of Gratuity
- Collection of Contributory Pension Deductions when salaries are paid.
- Prompt rendition of Accounts of the OAGF to Consolidated Accounts Department
The activities of the department are carried out by the following divisions:
- Preparation of annual budget for submission to the Budget Office in consultation with all the department of OAGF and after consideration by the top management of the office;
- Liaison with the budget office for release of warrant and AIEs for funds meant for the Office of Accountant General of the Federation
- Preparation of request for release of cash into the Offices’ main capital account from the Central Capital account on receipt of necessary approval from the appropriate quarters.
- Monitoring and control of expenditure to ensure that aggregate spending is in accordance with the amount given under various budget control as contained in the Appropriation Act.
- Preparation of reports on Annual Budget Performance Evaluation and collation of expenditure returns from the state offices.
- Allocation of funds to various sub-heads on receipt of warrant from the budget office and processing of AIEs to Other Charges for payments under both the Capital and Recurrent expenditures.
- Liaison with the funds department of OAGF for cash backing of warrants and AIES issued in favour of the Office;
- Processing of AIEs to Federal Pay Office nationwide for the payment of staff salaries and overhead expenditures.
- Supervision of vote book maintenance in respect of all funds received by the office – personnel, Overhead and Capital Accounts
Central Pay Office
- Raising of cheques for payment to contractors and other beneficiaries.
- Receipts of Federal Government revenue.
- Maintenance of cashbooks and other relevant registers.
- Liaison with the Central Bank for processing of estacode.
- Remittance of statutory deduction.
- Check to ensure that supporting documents accompany payment vouchers.
- Check to ensure that payments are duly entered into Vote Bolls and that there is sufficient fund for such payments.
- Checking of Payment Vouchers for completeness, accuracy, correctness and compliance with the Rules and Regulations.
- Preparation of staff salaries, maintenance of group register, ensuring that all statutory deductions are done as at when due.
- Maintain Salary Vote Books
- Prepare payment vouchers for NYSC/IT members’ allowances and O/T allowances for deserving staff.
- Other charges Section
- Preparation of payment vouchers for services rendered and goods supplied by third parties as well as staff claims and advances.
- Maintain the liability taken on the appropriate Head/Subheads and even Advances granted on Vote Books.
- Clear the Vote books of such liability records and for advances retired.
- Prepare payment vouchers for any special approval.
- Maintenance of Vote Books for both Recurrent and Capital Expenditures.
- Process payment vouchers for all approved requests on advances/loan personal and/or non – personal, salary advances, spectacle advance, and correspondences advance etc.
- Prepare vouchers for the retirement of advances granted and inserting treasury form No.15.
- Processing of gratuity for the retirees in the office of the Accountant – General of the federation.
- Maintenance of contributory Pension Accounts records.
- Final Accounts Section
- Preparation of transcript for the office of Accountant General of the Federation.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Rendition of the OAGF accounts to the Consolidated Accounts department.