PROFILE OF MRS FATIMA NANA MEDE (DIRECTOR FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS)
Mede Fatimah Nana was born on March 5th 1958 in Jattu-Auchi, Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo State. She had her primary school education at Estako dDivisional Council Jattu-Auchi 1964 – 1969 and her secondary school education at Government Secondary School Ibillo, 1970 – 1974. She was at Alabama A & M University, USA where she had her 1st degree in Accounting 1977-1979 from where she also obtained an MBA between 1980-1981. She is currently undergoing a Phd. Programme on Political Economy at Benue State University Makurdi and had completed course work: 2005 to date. She also obtained a certificate of completion for Public Financial Management Programme from Harvard University, John F. Kenedy School of Government Executive Education Boston, MA USA July 5th – 23rd 2010.
Mede Fatimah Nana started her working experience at Ajaokuta Steel Company Ltd during her youth Service Corps. She later joined the service of NTA Abuja as Accountant I and also, served as head of Accounts Department, NTA Abuja. She left the service of NTA as Principal Accountant in 1985 and joined Benue State Civil Service and was deployed to Benue State Water Corporation as Principal accountant in same year 1985. She was promoted to the post of Assistant Chief Accountant and posted to Benue state Utilities Board as Head of Accounts and Commercial Department in 1987. In 1990 she was promoted to the post of Assistant Director (Finance & Supply) Benue State Ministry of Water Resources. She rose to the post of a Director in 1996 and was appointed as the Accountant General, Benue State in 2001. She became Permanent Secretary in Benue State in 2007. She transferred her service to Federal Civil Service. She started as a Deputy Director (Accounts) and posted to the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation in 2007. While in the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation she was assigned the responsibility of implementation of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS). She was promoted to the Post of Director in 2007 and retained in Accountant General Office as the Director Finance and Accounts, and co-ordinator of the Federal Government IPPIS Project.
Mrs. Fatima Nana Mede has attended several courses both within and outside Nigeria notable among which are:
- Debt and Financial Management (Legal Aspects), organized by Institute of Advance Legal Studies Lagos 1995
- Financing of Public Projects through the Nigerian Capital Market. Organized by the Nigerian Stock Exchange 1995
- Budget and budgetary Control, Finance Discipline and Accountancy in Public Financial Management by the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria, Lagos 1998
- Leadership and Change Management for Senior Executives in the Nigeria Public sector, Accra Ghana by GT Bank & IBFC Agusto Training Ltd 2005
- Comprehensive Government Budgetary, Accounting and Finance Reporting, organized by the World Bank and Office of Accountant General of the Federation at Cape town, South Africa 2005
- Driving Government Performance: Leadership qualiities that produce results, John Kenedy School of Government Harvard University, Boston Massachuest, USA 2007.
OTHER ASSIGNMENTS OF PROFESSIONAL AND SOCIO CIVIC BODIES
Secretary Implementation Committee on Rationalization of Civil Service of Benue State
- Member: Committee for the adoption of Federal Circulars in Benue state 1995
- Chairperson: Welfare Committee of the Technical Sub-Committee of Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC). – 2005 still
- Member: Economic Review and Revenue Committee of Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAGWA). – 17/5/2002
- Member: Steering Committee of the Forum of Accountant-General and Auditors-General in West Africa. (FAAGWA). – 2005
- Member: Federal Government Housing Loans Board Coordinator of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS)
- Chairman: Editorial Board of OAGF Quarter news letter/Journal Publication
- Member: Finance and General purpose Committee, Training Academy, Orozo. Committee for the Re-vitalization of Federal Treasury Academy (FTA), Orozo.