Saheed Kayode Yemi Adelakun was born in Lagos on 15th May 1957. He had his primary education at St. Joseph Catholic School, Elegbata, Lagos from 1962-1969 and his Secondary education at Ahmadiyya College, Agege, Lagos from 1970-1974. He attended Lagos State College of Science and Technology from 1977-1981 where he earned Ordinary and Higher National Diploma in Business Administration and Management. He also attended Florida Atlanta University, USA from 1988-1990 and earned Bachelor of Science and Master of Business Administration Degrees. Mr. Adelakun is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management, United Kingdom.
S.K.Y. Adelakun started his career as a civil servant in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in January 1983 as an Accounts officer and served as Finance Attachee to Nigeria High Commissions in Port of Spain, Pretoria, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. He joined the pool of the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation in 2007 and was posted to the Office of the Surveyor-General of the Federation as Assistant Director in charge of Internal Audit. He was promoted to the post of Director in January 2012 and was posted to the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation as Director Treasury Inspectorate with effect from April, 2013.
Mr. Adelakun developed Accounting Software called SKYSOFT ACCOUNTING PACKAGES for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Diplomatic Missions in 2001 and has since developed the software for service wide application.
Mr. Adelakun is married with children and his hobbies include tennis, football and networking.
- Doctoral Course work, Multi Media University, Kuala Lumpur 2003-2007
- Project Management Course, Abuja 2010
- World Congress Accountants, Kuala Lumpur 2010
- Internal Auditors Conference, Kuala Lumpur 2011
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation Seminar, Accra 2011
- Leadership Training for Directors of Finance & Accounts, Dubia 2013
- West Africa Offshore Oil & Gas Conference, Accra 2013
Other Ad-Hoc Assignments:
- Facilitated Lagos Business Forum in Singapore
- Promoted Lagos Abuja Metro Line Project in Malaysia
- Adviser on Finance Africa Conference in South Africa
- Change Agent for the Restructuring of the Office of the Surveyor-General of the Federation
- Chairperson, Ministry of Foreign Affairs Code Review Committee
- Member, Ministry of Foreign Affairs Circular Collation Committee
- Resource Person, Ministry of Foreign Affairs Induction Courses for new Finance Attaches
- Financial Management Paper presented at Foreign Service Academy.