ADIRO, EMMANUEL OLAWOLE
Department Of Special Duties:
The department which hitherto has been a unit under the Accountant-General was created through circular reference number HSCF/CMO/EM/243/17 of 11th March 2014.
To assist the Accountant-General of the Federation (AGF) in the discharge of his duties, coordinate the activities of the immediate office of the AGF and supervise its staff.
To partner and collaborate with other Departments of the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF) in accounting for and exercising control over the nation’s finances through accountability, probity and transparency.
Promotion of an enterprise culture of timely and efficient service delivery in line with the enlarged mission of the OAGF which among others is to maintain an efficient and effective government accounting system in Nigeria
As a unit, Special Duties was responsible for payment /maintenance of the account of Pension and severance benefits of disengaged staff of the core civil service due to the rightsizing policy of the government and later the affected staff of PHCN, NITEL, MTEL and the Nigerian Airways as a result of Privatisation/Commercialisation policy of the government. Special Duties now as a department has an enlarged functions as follows:
- Management and control of funds released for Severance benefits of staffs disengaged from the civil service for rightsizing purposes, monetization arrears of ex-workers in Parastatals, PHCN ex-workers severance benefits, and NITEL/MTEL ex-workers benefits.
- Processing of schedule of payment of severance benefits to beneficiaries as forwarded by Bureau of Public Service Reforms (BPSR), Bureau of Public Enterprise (BPE) and monetization arrears of some affected Parastatals as forwarded by the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF)
- Manage assigned direct reporting Units on behalf of the AGF viz: Anti-Corruption and Transparency Unit (ACTU); Travels and Protocol Unit; and Stock Verification Unit
- Review and appraisal of request for opening of Transit Bank Account and reconfirmation of any clearance issued thereof
- Acts as secretariat of the Forum of Accountants/ Auditors- General in West Africa (FAAGWA)
- Membership of the editorial board of the OAGF Treasury Journal
- Preparation of Special Papers and briefs for the AGF
- Coordinate the AGF response to emergencies
- Liaison with National Assembly
- Any other duties as may be directed by the AGF