About A.D. Rufa’i Mariya
|S/N||SCHOOL ATTENDED||QUALIFICATION(S)||YEAR OF QUALIFICATION|
|1||Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria||Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration||1988-1989|
|2.||Nigerian Law School, Lagos||Barrister at Law (B.L||1986-1987|
|3.||Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria||Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (Hons)||1983-1986|
|4.||School of Basic Studies, ABU, Zaria||‘A’ Level Certificate||1981-1982|
|5.||Govt. Girls Secondary School, Bauchi||GCE ‘O’ Level certificate||1979-1981|
|6.||Queens College, Yaba, Lagos||Secondary School Education||1976-1979|
|7.||Central Primary School, Misau, Bauchi State||First School Leaving Certificate||1970-1976|
2017 – 2019
Director Human Resources at the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF) where she Coordinated staff matters in all Departments to achieve the mandate of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
2020 – DATE
Director Administration, Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation where she ensures effective policy formulation and implementation on Human Resource Management and coordinates staff matters in all Departments to achieve the mandate of the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation.
Schedule Of Duties/The Department of Administration
- Advising on policy formulation and implementation on Human Resource Management.
- Coordinating staff matters in all Departments to achieve the mandate of the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation.
- Appointment of officers into the various Cadres as delegated by the Federal Civil Service Commission.
- Implementing training and programmes: local & overseas.
- Ensuring that qualified and experienced Accounts Officers and Internal Auditors are posted to man the various Accounts positions in the MDAs.
- Handling of all Union and Industrial related matters.
- Processing of Applications for Housing Loans.
- Appraising training proposals received from Training Institutions and Consultants.
- Processing of retirement benefits in the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation
The department is saddled with the responsibilities of human capital development and management. With 2 Divisions of Appointment, Promotion & Discipline (AP&D) and Training & Staff Welfare (T&SW), this Department is structured to handle appointment, promotion and discipline as well as posting and career progression of all treasury officers under the pool of the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF). The Department among other things manages personnel records, Staff welfare and pension matters. It also ensures professionalism and training of staff at all levels to promote efficiency and prudency in the management of nation’s financial system.
The main function of the Department is to manage OAGF’S human resources in conformity with vision and mission of the office and to attain maximally to the mandates and functions of OAGF. These functions include:
- appointment of junior carder officers into the pool of OAGF and create vacancies for the recruitment of senior treasury officer carders by the FCSC. This includes deployment, transfers and Secondment of accountants to interested MDAs;
- promotion of all staff under the pool of the office of the Accountant General of the Federations to motivate them for greater opportunities, respect and honors;
- discipline to correct work related behavior as employees are expected to maintain standards of performance and conducts that ensure efficient and prudent management of Government financial resources and for effective service delivery;
- training where the Department promotes professionalism, improve capacity and overall human capital development by providing contemporary professional development training programmes aimed at improving the knowledge, skills and attitude of staff for optimal job performance, process approvals for In-Service Training such as FTA, FTC as well as approval for officers to undergo further studies in the tertiary institutions within and outside the Country;
- staff welfare where the Department provide basic essential commodities to boost staff morale for efficient service delivery. It ensures the Integration of OAGF Staff into National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) Platform, promotes sports and maintains sport Club, and OAGF Cooperative society among other;
- pension and establishment Matters at which the Department handles Death and Retirement cases, repatriation and disengagement allowances of retired officers, forward old pension scheme complaints to PTAD and prospective retirees data to National Pension Commission (PENCOM) for capturing. and also retirees’ document to their respective Pension Fund Administrator (PFA) for prompt payment of retirement benefits and other related packages;
- management of OAGF personnel pooling system where all senior officers (both professional and Executive Accountants) are pooled to MDA’S nationwide to manage government financial system;and
- IPPIS-Admin in which the Department handles request for capturing on the IPPIS Platform and process officers’ salaries for migration.