Brief On Muhammad Murtala Saleh, FCNA, FIOM, FCAI
Mr. Muhammad Murtala saleh was born on the 24th June, 1964 in a city called Ibi, Ibi Local Government Area of Taraba state, Nigeria. He is happily married with six (6) children, Mr. Muhammad is presently a Director in the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation. He has a BSc in Accounting and a Master’s Degree in Public Policy and Administration (MPPA) in the year 1989 and 2008 respectively. He graduated from the University of Maiduguri in 1989 and Bayero University, Kano in 2008. Mr. Muhammad is a Professional Accountant, a member of three Professional bodies namely; Fellow Certified National Accountant, Fellow Institute of Operational Managers and Fellow Institute of Corporate Administration. He started his career as Banker and served in two commercial Banks; Premier Commercial Bank and Union Bank Nigeria Plc. Mr. Muhammad joined the Federal Civil Service as a Senior Accountant in 1996 where he rose up to the rank of a Director under the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation. He served in various Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Government like:-
- Ministry of Solid Minerals Development in 1996
- National Population Commission in the year 2000
- Federal Ministry of Police Affairs (Kano state Command) in 2003
- Federal Ministry of Defence in 2009
- Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation in 2010
- Ministry of Police Affairs (Lagos Annex and FCT Command) in 2012
- Special Service Office (SSO)/ONSA in 2015
- Multi, National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) N’Djamena in 2016
- Federal Ministry of Finance, (Director Cash Management Department) August, 2016 to February, 2021.
- Office of the Accountant General of the Federation (Director Federation Account Department) February, 2021 to Date.
Mr. Muhammad held a position of Bank supervisor in his Banking career and while in the Federal Civil Service, he attained the position of a Senior Accountant up to a position of a Director, he represents the Ministry of Finance in various Boards and Capacities which includes North East Development Commission (NEDC), National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP) etc. Currently, Mr. Muhammad Murtala Saleh, FCNA, FIOM, FCAI is the Director Federation Account, Office of the Accountant General of the Federation.
Schedule Of Duties/ The Federation Account Department
The Federation Account Department is responsible for maintaining and disbursing revenue that has accrued to the Federation Account to the three tiers of government in line with the formula and approved indices. It is also responsible for the reconciliation of the Federation Revenue and disbursement from the Federation Account as clearly stated under section 162 (1-9) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) Cap 15 of the laws of the Federal Government of Nigeria, and section 1 of the Financial Regulation.
The Department is the vein of the Treasury and the ‘heart beat’ of the Nation due to its strategic position of being responsible for the operation of the main Account of Government of the Federation. The Department is also the custodian of Special Accounts of the Federation namely:-
- Development of Natural Resources Fund
- Ecology and Derivation fund
- Stabilization fund
- Excess Crude Saving Account etc.