About Dr. Ajayi Afolabi Olamide F.IoD, FCIPM, FNIM
Director, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), a position he assumed on 5th of December 2018.
Prior to the above, he was Deputy Director, Automated Performance Appraisal System (HRIS) in the Federal Civil Service Commission, the appointment came to effect in January 2013; promoted as Director in January 2017.
- He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management of Nigeria,
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria
- Fellow of the Institute of Directors Nigeria,
- IoD Registered Independent Director,
- Financial Reporting Council Registered Professional Director,
- Centre for Management Development, CMD-Nigeria Certified Trainer,
- Served on the Mediation and Conflict Resolution Committee of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria between 2012 and 2017; and
- Member of the prestigious Ikoyi Club 1938
- DBA – Western Ville University, San Diego, California, USA 2021
- MBA – Delta State University, Abraka in 2000.
- PGD in Finance – Delta State University, Abraka in 1998
- BA Degree in History, Ondo State University, Ado-Ekiti 1987.
- He has attended diverse multidisciplinary courses both locally and abroad.
Schedule Of Duties/Functions Of The Ict Department
- Liaises with the ICT regulatory bodies – National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), Nigeria Data Protection Bureau (NDPB) and Galaxy Backbone Plc, in order to ensure the OAGF’s compliance with national and international set rules and standards.
- Advising the AGF on issues relating to ICT best practices across board by providing appropriate technical know-how;
- Ensures consolidation of equipment and infrastructure so as to eliminate the risk of un-intended access to data and resources;
- Ensuring full in-house management of Treasury applications to reduce overhead associated with operating multiple applications;
- Mapping and defining processes of doing business to comply with an all-in-one SMARTOAGF to facilitate Ease of Doing Business (Executive Oder 001);
- Ensures the Department is structured to serve as an ICT Hub that will provide timely and seamless Information Management System for both internal and external use which will set the OAGF in an enviable position among others;
- Evaluating and re-positioning the ICT needs of all Departments and streamlining their functions for better and efficient service delivery;
- Ensures that all ICT related infrastructures in OAGF are manned professionally and in line with the international best practice;
- Monitoring and documenting the activities of major ICT projects (GIFMIS, IPPIS, TSA etc.) and ensuring better coordination and succession plan put in place for knowledge transfer to post consultancy era;
- Initiates and supervises all ICT infrastructure development along with the user Departments/Units in line with global best practices;
- Initiates and supervises all ICT projects support and ensure compliance with the laid down standards and procedures;
- Provides first line support for all ICT projects to the various user Departments;
- Articulates, formulates and initiates ICT standard policies, strategies and Projects that will promote the efficiency and effectiveness of the OAGF;
- Design and support regular updating of ICT Infrastructure, ICT Proficiency Knowledge of all staff along with the HRM Department in order to improve capacity on application of ICT tools;
- Harmonize and coordinates all ICT Resources (human and materials) in the OAGF in a more efficient and professional manner that will improve the e-government initiative of the Federal Government;
- Monitor the implementation of various ICT related projects in the OAGF to ensure compliance with set rules and standards and maintain their various implementation progress reports.
- Directly responsible for the daily running of the OAGF Network and Internet connectivity;
- Ensures regular and routine maintenance of the Network Infrastructures in the OAGF;
- Provides first line support to users on issues concerning Network and Internet connectivity; and
- Responsible for ensuring 24/7 Network/Internet availability.