About Engr. Lawal Abdulasheed Ajibola FNSE
M. Sc (Engineering)
Fellow Nigerian Society of Engineers (FNSE)
Member Procurement Professionals Association of Nigeria (PPAN)
Member Association of Procurement Practitioners of Nigeria (APPON)
Federal Ministry of Water Resources
Federal Ministry of Environment
Federal Ministry of Agriculture
Federal Ministry Housing, Land and Urban Development
Budget and National Planning
Bureau of Public Procurement
Federal Ministry of Transportation
Ministry of Defense
Schedule Of Duties/Public Procurement Department
The Department was established in compliance with the public procurement Act of 2007 to carry out the responsibility of public Procurement. The department co-ordinate and ensure due diligence and timely implementation of steps related to procurement activities in the OAGF and its Federal Pay Offices (FPOs), in accordance with requirement of the public procurement Act. 2007.
The department is headed by the director who ensures that all procurement request are carried out in conformity with the set down procedures as provided in the act ensure timely and prompt delivery, coordinates department activities by providing guidance, thereby ensuring the realization of the Departmental mandate through staff engagement.
Accordingly, the department implements in the OAGF and its FPOs, the general policies and guidelines relating to public sector procurement as established by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) for the implementation of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
Functions Of Procurement Department
The operations of the Department is guided by the established Act of Parliament: Public Procurement Act 2007. The functions of the Procurement Department contain but not limited to the following:
- Accepts prepared procurement plan of OAGF, established Procurement Planning Committee; for the year under review.
- Obtain certificate of “No Objection” from Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) where necessary.
- Prepares and place advert for pre-qualification for the attention and benefit of the general public.
- Render professional advice on pre-qualification and bid submission to the general public in accordance with the Procurement Act 2007.
- Monitoring of prices of tendered items by conducting appropriate market survey from time to time, keeping database of the rates in the OAGF and periodic price tender from bidders
- Conduct public bid opening exercise.
- Evaluation of bids.
- Auctioning of identified assets for disposal
- Issue appropriate contract award letter after due approval.
- Ensure periodic procurement audit, monitoring and evaluation of projects to ensure compliance with the contract agreement.
- Serves as the secretariat to the Procurement Planning Committee (PPC) and the Ministerial Tenders Board (MTB); and
- All Procurement responsibilities as captured in the PPA 2007.